CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
UCMedia 2010, the 2nd International ICST Conference on User Centric Media, invites proposals for workshops that will complement the main conference.
The main conference will take place on 2 & 3 Spetember 2010. We offer up to four half-day workshops in two parallel strands on September 1st, 2010. There will be a registration fee for workshop attendees, which will be lower than the registration fee for the whole conference.
Workshops offer the opportunity for in-depth exploration of the conference topics and should fall within the scope of UCMedia 2010. Proposals on special topics in the field are encouraged.
The conference includes the following topics (for a more detailed list of conference topics please refer to the Conference Call for Papers on the conference Website):
- User Centric Media - Forms and production
- User Centric Media - Delivery (over The Future Media Internet)
- User Centric Media - Access, discovery and consumption
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Workshop proposals should be a maximum of 2 pages and contain the following information:
- A workshop name and acronym
- A brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the workshop goals and the technical issues that will be its focus (including a brief statement of the relevance of the workshop to UCMedia 2010 and a discussion of the particular benefits of the topic to the User Centric Media community).
- A description why and to whom the workshop is of interest.
- A description of the intended format of the workshop (open call for contributions, invited papers, forum discussion, etc.), tentative list of proposed program committee members if applicable, potential attendees; invited speakers if applicable
- A preliminary workshop agenda and a proposed schedule for organizing the workshop
- The names and email addresses of the workshop proposer and of the proposed workshop organizing committee
Workshop proposals (in RTF, Word or PDF format) shall be sent within the deadline to . The received proposals will be evaluated by the Workshop Organizing Committee. The titles of the accepted workshops and some brief information about those workshops including the links to their Websites will be included in the UCMedia2009 Website.
The schedule for UCMedia2009 workshops is as follows:
- Deadline for workshop proposals:
April 25May 3, 2010
- Workshop Website ready: May 10, 2010
- If applicable:
- Call for workshop contributions published: May 10, 2010
- Workshops contributions deadline: June 21st, 2010
- Notification for workshop contributions acceptance: July 21st, 2010
- Publishable Papers: August 1st, 2010
Selected papers of the conference, including workshops, will be invited to submit extended versions to the Springer Multimedia Tools and Applications Jounal Special Issue on User Centric Media. All publishable workshop papers should follow the Guide for Authors of the main conference
Workshops Organizing Committee
DISCLAIMER:Any content displayed on this website is at the sole responsibility of the conference organizers, for which ICST cannot be held responsible or liable